Installation steps for NanoSPR8 Device
These are installation steps for NanoSPR Device:
1. Install USB driver using the following instructions:
2. Install the device software using the following instructions:
(when the device software is started the first time, messages will be shown "...not found" - disregard these messages.
During consequent software runs no errors messages will be shown).
3. Check communication with the device from the program. Just press restart the device button, the device should run the motor and return to the initial position.
4. Install the prism (BA4010 for measurements in liquid environment or BA4020 for measurements in gas environment) into the prism holder and secure by tightening the screw located on the right side of the holder.
5. Apply one a droplet of the immersion liquid (BA1050) to the working face of the prism.
6. Put the gold substrate on top of the prism. Supplied gold substrates (BA1200) are for two channels electrochemical measurements. For measurements other than electrochemical you can use regular gild slides (BA1000).
7. Take the silicone gasket (BA2015) and attach it to the bottom of the cuvette so, that oval cuts match the laser beam direction.
8. Insert the cuvette in to the holding spring.
9. Using lever carefully lower the cuvette onto the gold substrate, so that the cuvette symmetrically covers the gold slide.
10. To test SPR curves, use the prism for measurements in liquid environment, fill the cell with distilled water. Turn manually the prism holder using the grooved rim and watch the light spot on the slide surface through the top surface of the sample cell. Under a certain angle of incidence, which corresponds to the plasmon resonance, the spot will be getting brighter. The spot should be located inside the working area or slightly shifted to the right.
11. After having found the plasmon resonance angle, decrease the angle of incidence manually, rotating the preset rim anticlockwise. Click the Single measurement button to start measurements (alternatively, you can choose menu Measurement/Single). This launches the measurement cycle, the results being plotted concurrently in the window SPR1, which opens automatically. You will see portion of the resonant curve, the maximal signal intensity being plotted between the half-window and the top of the plot.
If all steps of this check-up were successful, your device functioned correctly and is ready for measurements. Otherwise, refer to Switching channels and Adjustment sections of the user’s manual.